Sunday, February 15, 2009

outside reading 5

How China Got Religion
By: Slavoj Zizek

For this outside reading assignment I read the article called, 'How China Got Religion' by Slavoj Zizek. This article focuses on almost all of China's religions and talks about each one and how the government of China is a lot different then it was many years ago. A long time ago China was a country thats government was mainly focused on religion but now it has a seperate government and economy. I think this article was good but it was also very long and had too many facts that I do not think were necessary to put into the article. Another thing that this article talks about is how some people like Falun Gong want their religion to be seperate from the state control. Over all I thought this article was very interesting and I'm glad I had the chance to read about this because I didn't really know anything about it before.

Zizek, Slavoj. "How China Got Religion." New York Times. 11 October, 2007. 15 February, 2009.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/opinion/11zizek.html

No comments: